Odyssey Logistics & Technology Corporation, a rapidly growing global logistics service provider, has an immediate career opportunity for a qualified Logistics Operations Manager in its Charlotte location.
Odyssey provides a portfolio of managed logistics services to a wide array of clients from industrial and transportation manufacturers to chemical and other process manufacturers. Its clients include some of the largest and most prominent corporations in the world. Odyssey operates and provides services globally with worldwide headquarters in Danbury, CT and with offices and affiliates in multiple locations throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. For more information, visit www.odysseylogistics.com.
The Logistics Operations Manager will implement Odyssey carrier strategies to meet the service commitments/standards Odyssey Logistics provides to its various customers. This includes establishing and maintaining a respectful, professional and ethical carrier relationship on behalf of Odyssey.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
(Management may amend or assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time)
- Responsible for developing technical knowledge of the assigned mode.
- Responsible for providing modal technical information to Odyssey and its clients.
- Work with Procurement Managers to implement carrier routing strategies within their region.
- Responsible for assisting new client operational startup.
- Responsible for implementing work processes when new client requirements are presented.
- Responsible for analyzing and implementing logistics opportunities that either lower cost or enhance service.
- Works with other regional Logistics Operations Managers and Advanced Logistics Operations Managers to implement best practices and methods.
- Assure Odyssey’s compliance with Odyssey’s Approved Carrier List.
- Help identify and screen new potential suppliers.
- Responsible for carrier performance using data and metrics.
- Responsible for carrier performance in their assigned mode and region.
- Responsible for carrier safety in their assigned mode and region.
- Maintain a good working relationship with Odyssey’s strategic carrier’s management.
- Responsible for conducting regular operations review meetings with strategic carriers.
- Responsible for providing operations support to the Shipment Management Center (SMC) and Odyssey clients.
- Responsible for providing transportation service support whenever the SMC or a client cannot resolve a carrier problem.
- Responsible for providing on-call support for logistics problems the SMC cannot resolve, including supplier incidents.
- Responsible for providing assistance with input specifications and review to Odyssey’s IT application development.
Qualifications and Key Skills:
(The following are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills or ability required for this position)
- BS or a BA degree is required, plus 2-3 years of logistics experience.
- Industry experience and basic competency in logistics management.
- Can adapt to various new responsibilities efficiently.
- Able to prioritize and coordinate multiple critical projects simultaneously.
- Seeks continuous improvement.
- Excellent data analysis skills using desktop computer tools and software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Team player.
- Works effectively with client, carrier and Odyssey personnel within all organizational levels.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Above average to strong communication skills (verbal and written).
Salary is commensurate with experience. Odyssey offers a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and life and disability insurance plans, a 401(k) retirement plan and a Flexible Spending Account Program.
Odyssey is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, gender, national origin, handicap, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, including salary history and requirements, via e-mail to in a Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat document only and include Code KH-100-2 in the subject line.