HIRING: Midnight Dispatcher: St. Gabriel, Louisiana
ABOUT LINDEN BULK TRANSPORTATION:
Linden Bulk Transportation, subsidiary of Odyssey Logistics & Technology, is the largest regional tank truck carrier in the Northeast with headquarters in New Jersey. We supply the nation’s leading manufacturers of chemical, petroleum, and bulk liquid products. Linden Bulk is proud to service its customers with over 30 years’ expertise. Learn more here.
This position will be responsible for the administration of policies, procedures, reporting and best practices within the operations department for drivers, contractors, customers and carriers.
Location: St. Gabriel, Louisiana
Type: Full Time
- Establish and maintain relationships with customer(s), carrier(s), driver(s) to meet transportation coverage needs, reach revenue goals, and all other company objectives.
- Identify customer transportation needs and build relationships to meet revenue goals.
- Data entry to insure shipment information is entered, covered, managed accurately and timely throughout each stage of the dispatch process.
- Source and identify new areas of opportunities within current customer base to expand and grow new lines of business.
- Learn all appropriate computer system(s) including GPS satellite technologies thoroughly to;
- Adequately cross train employee(s), driver(s).
- Identify new and unused resources to maximize software utilization.
- Learn how to fix common daily issues/errors/ problems in the system.
- Manage, record performance metrics for driver(s), customer(s), carrier(s).
- Responsible to track driver hours of service to insure the safe and timely delivery of customer freight while working within the guidelines established by the DOT and FMCSA.
- Monitor drivers’ performance, record and report any non-compliance, late deliveries, etc.
- Work with Safety to assist in communicating needs, safety information, participate in claims and accident investigations, improvement of log compliance, CSA scores, etc.
- Work with Maintenance to insure proper pre/post trip inspections and timely preventative maintenance is performed on all equipment to minimize delays and breakdowns.
- Identify and manage all customer transportation needs and provide coverage with company equipment, contracted equipment including brokerage to third party carriers.
- Follow protocol in carrier qualification for brokered loads and follow best practices guidelines.
- Conflict resolution with customers, carriers, and drivers.
- Collect and provide all pertinent paperwork for the timely management of customer requirements and company procedures for accurate billing, payroll, payables, etc.
- Participation in committees, meetings and projects when requested.
- Provide operational support during vacation(s), sick day(s) and periods of growth.
- Compile and distribute the daily management- reports.
- Ensure all data is cross referenced and entered accurately into all operating systems per event.
The following are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills or ability required for this position:
- Minimum of two years commercial transportation dispatch Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Business or related field is preferred
- Must be computer literate with Word, Excel and other common professional software applications.
- 24hr dispatch operation Monday through Friday, ability to cover all shifts a plus.
- Ability to cover weekends as “on-call dispatcher”, rotates approximately every 6 weeks.