HIRING: Traffic/Export Specialist – Charleston, SC
About Odyssey Logistics:
At Odyssey, we believe high expectations are the key to our success. When we strive to become better than what we are, everything around us becomes better too. With our advanced technology, global network and integrated processes, we regularly break new ground for clients, cultivate successful professionals and develop existing talent.
Odyssey Logistics provides international logistics management services to the chemical industry and other process manufacturers; it delivers a comprehensive portfolio of logistics services so that clients’ products are delivered safely, reliably and economically, with the advantage of shipment visibility and actionable data across all modes of transport.
Traffic/Export Specialist is responsible for coordinating shipments for all modes of transportation.
Location: Charleston, South Carolina
Pay Type: Salary
- Responsible for maintaining a working knowledge of the regulations, guidelines, and/or company procedures and policies pertaining to export traffic.
- Responsible for reading, interpreting, and coordinating shipments between multiple carriers for all modes of transportation as set forth in the shipper’s letter of instructions, letters of credit and/or any other acceptable instructions or requirements of the clients.
Qualifications, Skills, Competences:
(The following are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills or ability required for this position)
- Must be able to communicate effectively, be detail-orientated, well organized and able to solve problems.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to prioritize. Good analytical skills.
- Good oral communication skills, particularly when dealing with a variety of people in situations over the phone.
- Willingness to assist other departments to meet customer requirements.
- Must be able to interact with the management, supervisors and other staff members in a reasonable and acceptable manner.
- Experience in Ocean or Airfreight movement or general Freight Forwarding required.
- Excellent computer skills a must.
Preferred Qualifications, Skills, Competences
- Five years or more experience in export traffic coordination.
- Export compliance training.
- Proficiency in SAP.
- IMDG, IATA and U.S. DOT Hazardous Materials certification.