HIRING: Driver Recruiter – St. Gabriel, Louisiana
ABOUT LINDEN BULK TRANSPORTATION:
Linden Bulk Transportation, subsidiary of Odyssey Logistics & Technology, is the largest regional tank truck carrier in the Northeast with headquarters in New Jersey. We supply the nation’s leading manufacturers of chemical, petroleum, and bulk liquid products. Linden Bulk is proud to service its customers with over 30 years’ expertise. Learn more here.
This position will provide a full time resource dedicated to recruiting and qualifying drivers and equipment.
Location: St. Gabriel, Louisiana
Type: Full Time
- Interact with all applicants for qualification as drivers
- Respond to telephone inquiries; accurately explain job opportunities and requirements
- Process applications received in hand, via fax and on-line via internet applications
- Run background checks through DAC/USIS/HireRight and/or TenStreet websites
- Run PSP checks through USDOT website
- Verify previous employment via fax or personnel phone calls
- Arrange orientations in assigned location and satellite facilities
- Maintain applications and recruiting/qualification forms
- Perform Road Tests as scheduled
- Arrange hotels for orientation
- Coordinate equipment needs with Maintenance Department
- Enter new drivers in databases; Innovative and LoMaS
- Assist with monthly license, physical, registration and inspection expiration reports
- Assist with annual reviews
- Assist Driver Trainer in training new drivers on Tanker Operations
- Assist with random drug and alcohol testing
- Be available to set up Job Fairs, on the road recruiting, ordering and placing recruiting signage on public property, update and order recruiting materials,(brochures, banners, trinkets), etc.
- Develop strategies to increase driver hiring pipeline and report out same.
The following are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills or ability required for this position:
- Class A CDL in good standing is preferred.
- Any person(s) in this position must possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role and environment. Knowledge of DAC/USIS/ HireRight, TenStreet, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook computer programs required. Extensive knowledge of FMCSA and DOT regulations for driver hiring and qualifying required. Knowledge of Innovative preferred.