HIRING: Refrigeration Technician: Clewiston, Florida
About Odyssey Logistics:
At Odyssey, we believe high expectations are the key to our success. When we strive to become better than what we are, everything around us becomes better too. With our advanced technology, global network and integrated processes, we regularly break new ground for clients, cultivate successful professionals and develop existing talent.
Odyssey Logistics provides international logistics management services to the chemical industry and other process manufacturers; it delivers a comprehensive portfolio of logistics services so that clients’ products are delivered safely, reliably and economically, with the advantage of shipment visibility and actionable data across all modes of transport.
This position requires someone with a refrigeration or HVAC background and experience. This person will be tasked with troubleshooting, repairing and upgrading the refrigeration system used to chill the ISO tanks. Familiarity with refrigerants (R-134A), acetylene, oxygen, nitrogen and the handling of such is a necessity. Knowledge of electrical schematics such as control and power wiring is vital. This person will also assist with refer installs, pre-trips, SIP prep and inventory of stocked parts. Safety and the use of provided safety equipment is essential for this position.
Location: Clewiston, Florida
Type: Full Time
- Troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining the fleet of refrigerated ISO tanks. All repairs and service must be properly documented and filed.
- Pre-trip Refrigerated ISO tanks
- Installing refer system on ISO tank
- System upgrades/retrofits- assist with the replacement of the old board style control systems with our new Siemens control box.
- Building retrofit Siemens controls to be installed as need.
The following are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills or ability required for this position:
- HVAC/Refrigeration certification and 1 year of field work experience in refrigeration.
- Ability to use torches for brazing copper and stainless steel is necessary. Welding and plasma cutting skills are a plus.
- Knowledge of electrical wiring and schematics and the ability to use an electric meter for troubleshooting is a must.
- The ability to problem solve and quickly diagnose issues is essential.
- Safely use hand tools, power tools, fork truck certified – this position requires the use of many different hand tools, power tools (drill, grinder, saws) and from time to time mechanical lifting equipment such as pallet jacks and fork lifts. Many specialty tools are used such as refrigerant gauges, electrical meter, wiring strippers/crimpers. This person should be at least familiar with if not proficient in this area.
- This person must be a team player as he/she will be assisting others in the work space.
- This position requires a self starter who can work independently or with others.
- Troubleshoot and repair refrigeration systems – including refrigerant leaks, electrical issues, parts failure, mechanical issues etc.
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely with management and team members with items such as repair status , documentation and daily progress
- Track use of inventory and request restock of supplies when necessary.