Call Us: 833-378-4528
ABOUT LINDEN BULK TRANSPORTATION:
Linden Bulk Transportation is the largest regional tank truck carrier in the Northeast with headquarters in New Jersey. We supply the nation’s leading manufacturers of chemical, petroleum, and bulk liquid products. Linden Bulk is proud to service its customers with over 30 years’ expertise. Learn more here.
With ten years of total professional driving experience, the last five of which have been with Linden Bulk Transportation, a subsidiary of Odyssey Logistics, Walter has gained considerable experience on the road, running local and regional short-haul bulk-liquids out of our Houston terminal. As an owner/operator of his own rig, Walter thoroughly enjoys hauling with Linden, a company which, in his opinion, offers the most convenient and lenient scheduling of any organization he’s ever worked for.
“I don’t really have a set schedule, I really just have to be sure I make my loads on time,” Walter explained to us over the phone, “I don’t have to worry about being late or early to work, like I said, as long as I make my loads on time, that’s all I need to do.”
Mr. Joe lives a quiet life in Texas, spending his free time outdoors or behind the oven or grill, hunting hogs, fishing for bass and catfish, grilling beef ribs and baking cakes for friends and family. “I can’t really say cooking is a hobby for me, it’s definitely more than that,” says Joe, “But, I mean, when it comes to fishing or baking, I could wake up, do it all day, go back to bed then wake up and do it all over and I’d be happy.”
And there are days when Walter can do exactly that. “Moving dry freight, lots of drivers have to work banker’s hours, like 7-5 because the receivers are only open during those hours. Moving bulk-liquids, most of my receivers are open 24 hours-a-day, so as long as those loads get where they need to be, I more-or-less make my own schedule.”
Walter spends much of his time in the cab in silence, paying attention to the road and the occasional driver who, in his words, “…could probably use a little education…” regarding how long it takes to speed up – or slow down – a commercial vehicle loaded with 20,000 gallons of liquid. When the drives are a bit longer, Walter will occasionally turn up the radio, mostly to hear old-school instrumental jazz music – just a little something to fill the airwaves as the miles tally up. Walter enjoys eating healthy snacks in the truck, like homegrown tomatoes and fresh grapes, though occasionally even he, like the rest of us, really enjoys a bag of candy.
Overall, Walter loves what he does. The solitude, freedom to work as he pleases and the consistency of the road meshes perfectly with his personality, and he can’t see himself doing anything else.
“If I had one thing to leave you on,” said Walter, “Linden just flat takes care of their drivers.” We’re grateful for Walter’s work every day – it’s strong drivers and wonderful people like Walter who keep America’s freight moving safety and efficiently across the nation every day.
- Strong network of terminals in New Jersey, Texas, Louisiana, Illinois, and Pennsylvania.
- Sign-on bonus up to $6,000, referral bonus up to $4,000
- Competitive earnings (up to $200k per year) and fuel rates
- Recent O/O rate increases
- Paid delay time
- Weekly settlements via direct deposit
- Clean roadside inspection bonus
- Financial management tools available- Equinox
- Additional pay for pump and compressor loads
- Free parking at our terminal
- Late-model equipment available now
- Regional and OTR steady work all year round
- Knowing that on-site maintenance and tractor wash bay available at our terminal by local vendor
- Bestpass available: toll savings, no upfront costs, no credit card needed, charges come right out of settlements
- Up to 2 weeks’ paid training, if needed.
- Occupational accident insurance
- Aflac also available
Plus Much More…
- Minimum 25 years of age
- Valid CDL-A with 2 years’ verifiable driving experience
- Hazmat and tanker endorsements
- TWIC Card
- Good driving record
- Must pass a DOT physical and drug screening