Global Transportation Services, Inc: About
GLOBAL opened in Minneapolis, Minnesota and Seattle, Washington in 1986. Since its inception, GLOBAL has been selective in locations with strategic niches with our client partners. We take pride in valuing our employees. Our employees take pride in our company and their professionalism is the cornerstone offering to our clientele.
Who we are:
- GLOBAL is a one-stop shop: a fully integrated, asset-light based company delivering a complete set of services
- Our management team has been together for over 15 years
- Our management team has on average 24 years of experience in the industry
- Our staff has on average 13 years industry experience
- We are headquartered strategically between the Port of Seattle and the Port of Tacoma
- We have 140 employees in 8 locations nationwide:
What sets us apart:
- Our niche business is the Pacific Northwest (PNW) gateway – we deliver unparalleled service for shipments moving inbound from Asia through the PNW to the Midwest and East Coast.
- We save our Upper Midwest customers on average 10 days over the typical LAX modal by routing their cargo through the PNW and utilizing daily trains
- We give our customers a First-to-Market advantage over their competitors
- We utilize our own assets and manage premier carriers to ensure On Time Delivery – 99% of our customer’s shipments are delivered on the requested day
- We value our employees and strive to promote dedicated and experienced team members who provide our customers exceptional service
- We focus on building long term partnerships with our customers and average 87% customer retention in the last two decades
Why you should do business with us:
- We realize every company is different. We spend the time to understand your business so that we can design the best possible solutions to meet your specific business needs
- Our experience helps us proactively identify and avoid possible issues. However, if things go haywire, we rise to the challenge to solve even the most complex problems
- We provide you value by moving your cargo quickly and utilizing our full range of experienced professionals
- Our network of creative team members gives you more options for maximum saving opportunities while providing you visibility and control of your supply chain
- We provide you with key KPIs and business intelligence to help you make smart decisions for your supply chain
- Our company culture cultivates and encourages continued education for both our employees and our customers. We can provide your team with personalized training and consultations to enhance your supply chain, C-TPAT validation, and customs compliance
Our commitment to you as a customer:
- We provide you a team of experienced logistics specialists who will ensure your cargo is moving expediently, safely, and with full visibility to you.
- We are a partner who values your business and works tirelessly to provide you a customized solution to meet your business needs at a competitive price.
- We utilize our full network of valued partners, our assets, and our unique domestic transportation offerings to provide you creative solutions from door to door.
- We treat you as a valued customer regardless of your size or needs.
The GLOBAL team
Our mission is to create value to our clients by delivering innovative tailored solutions to move products and information more efficiently and effectively with the best people, systems and processes.
To be recognized as one of the most admired companies in our industry because of our commitments to clients, employees and business partners.
Our Core Values
We partner with our clients and align our collective goals in order to exceed expectations
We believe that accountability to each other and to our clients is paramount for success
We conduct ourselves with the highest levels of trust, honesty and ethical standards
We support and respect our team members in order to promote a positive environment
We nurture ongoing education, dedication to compliance and safety awareness
We encourage active listening to clarify needs and value responsiveness in all communications
President & CEO
Jason has been with GLOBAL since 1990. During his time here, Jason held many different roles at GLOBAL, from Seattle Branch Manager to Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. He has broad operating experience in domestic and international transportation and logistics.
Prior to GLOBAL, he worked in international logistics for Amoco Petroleum, and was stationed in various locations around the world. He graduated from Oregon State in 1983 with a degree in agriculture engineering. Jason lives in Seattle, WA with his wife Anne, daughter Katy, and their dog Rocky. Jason’s enjoys travel, good food, and golf.
Senior Vice President of IT Solutions
Richard joined GLOBAL in 1990 and since then, has held various positions including Seattle Customs Brokerage Manager, Vice President of CHB and MIS, and Director of MIS. Richard is currently Senior Vice President of IT Solutions and is responsible for all IT applications for GLOBAL’s operations.
Prior to joining GLOBAL, Richard worked for several International Freight Forwarding & Customhouse Brokerage companies both in Seattle and the Los Angeles markets. He was also certified as a Licensed Customhouse Broker in September of 1985. Richard lives Snohomish, WA with his wife Kris, daughter Stephanie, and grandchildren Samantha and Ethan. Richard enjoys spending time with his family and friends.
Sarah B. Dorscht
Senior Vice President of Operations
Sarah joined GLOBAL in 1997. She has been serving as Senior Vice President of Operations since December 2004. Prior to that, from March 1997 through November 2004, she held several different positions, including General Manager, and Air/Ocean Inbound Manager.
Sarah began her freight forwarding career in 1993 with Nippon Express until she joined GLOBAL in March 1997. Sarah graduated from the University of Washington in 1993 with a BA in History. She also completed Executive Management Seminars through the University of Washington in 2005, with an emphasis on Leadership and Finance. Sarah lives in Seattle with her husband Tim and 2 children. In her free time, she enjoys: all of her children’s sporting events, cooking and spending time on the water in Eastern Washington.
Vice President of Customs Brokerage Services
Debbie has been with GLOBAL since 1998. She has held several positions within GLOBAL, including Import Manager of the Seattle office, Director of National Accounts, and Director of CHB Services. She has been a Licensed Customs Broker since 1983 and currently qualifies the corporate Customs Broker license for GLOBAL.
Debbie has worked in the freight forwarding industry since 1981, in operations, branch management, and corporate positions. She holds a BA in Business Administration from the University of Puget Sound. Debbie lives near Seattle with her husband Jerry and an ever-changing array of teenage and young-adult offspring.
Ben L. Paz
Vice President of Finance and Administration
Ben joined GLOBAL in 2007 as Controller. Prior to GLOBAL, he held various accounting and finance positions of increasing responsibility with domestic and international transportation companies: MV Transportation, Integres Global Logistics, Ceva International, Circle International and Harper Robinson.
Ben graduated in 1984 from University of Santo Tomas, Philippines, with a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting. He also attended Ateneo Law School, Philippines. Ben is a Certified Public Accountant. Ben was groomed for priesthood until he met his wife, Maryann. He loves golf and just hanging out with his children, Benny and Angel.
Vice President of Business Development
Saori joined GLOBAL in 2000 as a Business Development Manager and was soon promoted to Director of Export Services. She has also held positions various such as General Manager of Ocean Services, Director of Business Development, and Vice President of Pricing.
Saori began her career in logistics in 1991 at Nippon Express U.S.A., Inc. and worked at Circle / CEVA International before joining GLOBAL. Saori holds a Bachelors of Arts Degree in Japanese Language and Literature, Asian Studies from the University of Washington. Saori is a board member of the Seattle-Tacoma Air Cargo Association. She lives in Tacoma, Washington with her husband, Todd and their children: Taegan, Tommy and Taryn.
Vice President of Training and Compliance
Jeannie joined GLOBAL in 1997 and since then has held numerous positions within the organization, from Customs Brokerage Clerk to Surface Transportation Manager and Director of Training & Development.
Jeannie graduated in 1991 from University of Washington with a BA in Political Science with special emphasis on foreign affairs. She enjoys travelling, but is always happy to come home to her longtime boyfriend Mike, her adorable kitty Bruce, and her garden.
Chad D. Laden
Regional Vice President of Operations (Midwest and Eastern Region)
Chad joined GLOBAL in 2004 and has been serving as the Regional Vice President of Operations since May 2011. Prior to that, he held several different positions at GLOBAL, including Minneapolis Branch Manager, and Director of Air Freight Services.
Chad began his career with Superior Brokerage Services in 2001. Chad is also a past Midwest Global Trade Association board member (2006-2008). He has completed courses at St Paul College in International Trade and Business Management. Chad has been a featured speaker at events sponsored by both the Midwest Global Trade Association and US-China Business Connections. He lives in Minneapolis, MN with his family and enjoys bicycling, snow skiing, and travel.
- Rules & Regulations
- Terms and Conditions of Service
- Terms & Conditions of Contract (Domestic Straight BOL)
- Terms & Conditions of Contract (International Ocean BOL)
- Terms & Conditions of Contract (International Air BOL)
- Terms & Conditions of Contract (Project Division)
- Terms & Conditions of Contract (Warehouse)
Join our talented team and enjoy competitive health and 401(k) benefits, as well as be part of an exciting industry. Please see the following postings for current openings and contact jobs@shipGLOBAL.com to submit your resume, or if you have any questions.
- Experienced Forklift Driver
- Warehouse unloader/loader
- Sales Executive
- CDL – A Driver
- Sales Executive
Thank you for your interest in joining our team!