Odyssey is an authority in intermodal transportation, and our skilled specialists construct cost effective solutions, even on the most complex routing of sensitive or hazardous materials. Intermodal is often not only the most cost-effective transportation solution, but it is also often the greener alternative since it can reduce carbon footprints by as much as 50% or more versus over-the-road solutions.
With our extensive network, our teams can move all types of commodities across the US safely, on time and damage free. Odyssey is a leader in ocean container transport as well as in several industries:
- In ocean container transport Odyssey has one of the largest railway intermodal services companies in the U.S., providing service from any major port in the country. We have major wholesale agreements with all Class 1 and regional rail carriers.
- Within the chemical industry Odyssey is a leading provider of domestic tank container on flat car transportation and domestic off-shore services throughout North America. Our knowledgeable team utilizes our own ISO tank containers or manages clients’ to provide safe door-to-door delivery of specialty chemicals, including those that require special hazmat handling.
- A dominant participant in the metals distribution business, Odyssey uses its Load and Roll Pallet (LRP) process which permits safe, reliable and damage-free transportation of goods in a closed ocean container. The LRP can be used to move master coils, bar stock, plate, rod, wire and any other product form.
- In food transportation, Odyssey operates a large fleet of double insulated and refrigerated ISO tank containers exclusively dedicated to moving food-grade products. This fleet delivers environmentally-responsible and sophisticated temperature controlled, high purity logistics solutions for road, rail and ocean transport.
- As part of our managed services solutions we offer 53 ft. intermodal capabilities. To aid in capacity we leverage our network of relationships, and can move most general commodities anywhere in North America.